Thursday, October 9, 2008

Educational Games

The title of my blog is Educational Games. The purpose of my blog is to provide viewers with helpful information about educational games that could be used in the classroom. My name is Jenna, and I am a student at Western Illinois University majoring in Elementary Education. This blog is being created for my own reference, but also for current teachers, elementary education majors, or anyone who wants to look! Here are five websites that are based on educational games. Each site has an abundance of games for the students to play and enhance their educational skills!

1. Fun Brain: www.funbrain.com
2. Edu Games: http://www.eduplace.com/edugames.html
3. Fun School: http://funschool.kaboose.com
4. Game Goo: http://www.earobics.com/gamegoo/gooey.html
5. iKnowThat: http://www.iknowthat.com/com

Please feel free to leave some comments! I would love to hear how you liked the educational games, or if you have anymore to add to the list!

6 comments:

Jenna said...

Educational games is a great way for students to gain educational knowledge through a hidden curriculum! Sometimes students do not realize how much they are learning when they are having fun!

Jenna said...

Do not know how to integrate the interent into your curriculum? Educational games is a great way to get the students on the computer and using the interent. The game could be a minor part of the lesson, but the students will enjoy it!

Jenna said...

Remember...please leave a comment by clicking on the comments button. I would love to hear from you regarding whether or not you liked the websites I provided for you. It would also be greatly appriciated if anyone would like to contribute to my list because I am sure there are more great educational games out there!!
Thank You!

Jenna said...

Has anyone had a negative experience using educational games? If so, I would love to hear about it!!!

Tegan said...

this is a great weblog to find games to use in the classroom!

Kayla :) said...

I love the ben franklin website! It is one of my favorites, good job!